Friday, December 4, 2015

Our trip to Washington - November 23, 2015

I was very excited about this trip.  I love travelling with Grant.  We loaded up the truck Sunday afternoon and left Quincy at 9:30 am Monday morning.  It was 35 °F.  We traveled up through Greenville, Westwood, and Susanville and took I-395 north along the eastern parts of California and Oregon.  Our destination for the first day was to make it to Burns, Oregon.  

I saw a bald eagle just outside of Alturas.  We stopped at Lake Abert, OR for photos.  We finally reached Burns, OR at 5:15 pm - 36 °F.  Stayed at a Best Western motel.  The weather forecast for tomorrow is cold, windy, and snow/rain.

Karl was due to fly in from San Diego to Seattle at 10:45 tonight.  I texted with Ruth.  She says their friend Tom will meet Karl at the airport.  It's raining there.  


Wigwam near Termo, CA

Southern Oregon 
Approaching Lake Abert

Cliffs along Lake Abert








The long straight road ahead





No comments:

Post a Comment