Saturday, December 5, 2015

Our Trip to Washington - Last Visits & Tree Trimming

We slept in a little today, Sunday, our last day of being with the KLVP's.  Over at Ruth's and Karl's, I played with Isabelle until it was time to string lights on the outside of the house and get the tree set up. We ate leftover Chinese food for lunch, then Karl strung lights on the tree and Isabelle, Ruth, & I decorated it while the men, Emaline and Toast kitty looked on.

The Seahawks-Steelers football game was on, so of course Ruth, Karl, and Isabelle put on their Seahawks socks, hats, shirts.  Karl was relatively quiet - he used to holler something fierce, but I guess being a Daddy has toned him down some.  Seahawks won the game.

We hung out, took a little walk outside to look at the lights after dark, colored, and ate supper.  Ruth gave Emaline and Isabelle a bath later on and I got to watch.  They're both water babies to the max!  Isabelle like to wear swim goggles and hold her head under the water.  Emaline kicked and kicked!  Very dear!  It was SO special to see and spend time with everyone.  I'm so grateful to Grant for bringing me up here for the holiday while Karl was on leave so that I could finally meet Emaline.  I had a great, great time!

Emaline

Emaline and Isabelle

Gramma blowing raspberries







Karl totes in the 12 foot tree

And sets it up

Isabelle gives the tree a drink

Emaline as a reindeer



Our little funky tree



Isabelle got the Chocolates Advent Calendar from Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Jeffery today!

Daddy hangs lights with the Isabelle's capable assistence


The acorn string I made for Ruth several years ago

Let's decorate the tree, Gramma!

Gramma gets to be a reindeer, too!

Mommy multi-tasking




And the star goes on top!


Bath time!

No comments:

Post a Comment