Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Trip to Silver Lake - August 22nd

Grant had mentioned going to Snake Lake on Monday, but then changed his  mind and decided to head to Silver Lake instead, which suited my fancy.  It's one of my favorite spots in Plumas County and holds lots of fond memories.  It was a bit windy when we got up there, but we braved it because it was a beautiful day.  Here are some of our photos.

I start off with Grant's view through his lens.






Mossy trees


These were at the shoreline.  They are the seeds from pine trees after they've been in the water a while.

Ah! Fair gem of Plumas County - Silver Lake!


This rock was quite warm


Mama Duck in browns and greens

Mama Duck in blues and silvers

I love the textures of the grass and water!


Beautiful!


I can never get enough of this view.

Nature as art




Breathe it in!


There are some of those little pine seeds before they get waterlogged.

Manzanita

Choke Cherries

That's Quincy off in the distance.  The haze is from fires burning out west this summer.  None near us so far.


A bumper crop of cones this year!!


Waterskimmers

My point of view.

Unloading

First glimpse


The "beach" - although there is no swimming here because this is our drinking water.

Another view of the beach


The view back at the beach


The brave little tree is growing right out of this rock



One side of the island


The other side of the island.


Ghost Tree with Cloud


I call these submerged boulders "Slumbering Giants".  You can see them clearly through the water as you paddle over them.


Grant talked me into letting him give me a tow, just to show me.  I have been teasing him that using a motor is "cheating".  Well, it was FUN!  I will continue to paddle, but I'll quit teasing Grant.  And be grateful for a tow on a windy day!






Stowing the gear


Choke Cherry


Perfect meditation spot


Spanish Peak


I'm not sure what it is, but it's plentiful along Rock Creek off Spanish Creek.


Our pickings today, strewn across the painted rug my mom made for me several years ago.


Our bouquet


No comments:

Post a Comment